Pesca Maya Fishing Lodge opened its doors on January 1996 and has quickly become one of the Yucatan’s most popular fishing destinations and with good reason. The lodge is located 90 miles south of Cancun in the 1.3 million acre Sian Ka’an (Mayan for “where the sky is born”) Biosphere Reserve. Situated on a long, narrow strip of barrier beach, the lodge is virtually surrounded by water. To the east lies the blue Caribbean and a few hundred yards off shore, the Palancar Barrier Reef which stretches from southern Belize to north of Cancun. On the western side lies the vast “El Rio” system of flats, channels and mangrove. 10 miles to the north is the famed inlet through the barrier beach known locally as the “Boca”. And 4 miles to the south lies the incomparable Ascension Bay. The entire area boasts some of the Caribbean’s greatest flats fishing for bonefish, excellent fishing for permit, fishing for snook, fishing for tarpon and other species.
Ascension Bay Lodge
We can take up to 16 anglers in the lodge, sharing rooms; offering our own Fly-Shop, 8 boats with the best guides in the area, and a beautiful beach where you can relax while not fishing. There are 8 rooms in 2 buildings, all with A/C and private bathroom with walk-in showers, all with ocean view. Located in a solitary white sand beach, turquoise water and a magnificent coral reef at 90 yards from the beach. The palapa is the center of our activities: exquisite meals and cold drinks are being served; flies tying and fishing stories take place. Serious fishing, beautiful spots, nice and comfortable accommodations, good food and personal attention is our mission.
Our meals are home-style, with breakfast buffet and boxlunch for our fishermen. For non-fishermen, our Chef will prepare a traditional Mexican Lunch at the lodge. Daily changing dinner menu, barbecues and other specials.
- Breakfast. – Fruit of the season like melon, watermelon, papaya, pineapple, etc. Juices: orange, pineapple, apple, etc. Eggs at your choice or pancakes.
- Box Lunch. – 2 sandwiches per person plus a variety of snacks .
- Dinner. – We offer a variety of soups, salads and vegetables, for the main course there is fish, steak, shrimps, fresh lobster (seasonal) and chicken alternate throughout the week.
Beverages and drinks. – We include purified water, sodas, beer, wine on the table and national cocktails like margaritas, screw drivers, vodka tonic, rum & coke, etc. We do not have imported liquors available, if you have one of your preference, you can bring the bottle along at no extra charge.
- Personal attention is our special touch in making your trip a memorable experience. If you need to follow a special diet like low fat, low cholesterol, no sugar, no sea food, etc. please let us know – we will take care of it.
Snorkel from the beach, relax in a hammock with a cold drink, enjoy our Pesca Maya Massage treatments or venture out to explore the beauty of the Sian Ka’an biosphere, or take stunning pictures on a real wild dolphin encounter …
- Lures, flies, jigs, …
- Hats and Shirts … and much more at our Pesca Maya Fly Shop.
- Snorkel equipment for rent $ 10.00 USD / day
- Fly Rods & reels $ 25.00 USD / day
- Spinning Tackle $ 15.00 USD / day
- We have WIFI connection if you want to bring your laptop.